Monday 23 May 2011

WOOD CARVING WEEK TWO/THREE

Here are some more pictures from my wood carving course over the last two weeks. I am really enjoying the process of cutting the letters out of the wood, two or three hours cutting away the wood just goes so quickly. I hope it will be possible to continue to do letter carving when the course is finished.


The first two pictures are my first attempt at cutting out the letter rather then cutting around the letter. I decided at the beginning to do the E in reverse so at some point I can print from it.





The following pictures show my major project. I bought a piece of Lime which is ideal for cutting letters. My wife likes the word Arcadia - she says "one day it would be nice to own a house in the country called Arcadia".





NOTICE HOW THE SHADOW CHANGES THE EFFECT


No comments:

Post a Comment