Saturday 14 May 2011

PAUL CATHERALL INSPIRED

I really like the work of Paul Catherall, a London-based printmaker and illustrator. Paul was the subject of my first blog (see blog archive Interview with Paul Catherall 9/2/2011) Even though to some Paul's work may seem very simple, I know, from interviewing him, that he spends a very long time perfecting his work. He uses great skill in adopting the attitude 'less is more' into his work. To quote Paul ... "the most effective message in the simplest terms."


CANARY OLIVE

As a follow-on, I have tried to adopt Paul's methods, in these two pieces of work. Paul is a a printmaker and I am not, so these were done in Illustrator from two photos;  one that I took and another that my nephew, Tom Whitton, took.


WATERLOO ORANGE
SOUTHEND SUNSET

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I recognised the style of Paul Catherall immediately - and I also recognise the location of Waterloo Orange (Brad Street, looking back at the houses on Roupell Street).

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete