Tuesday 6 September 2011

BOB DYLAN - PAPER CUT

I have been experimenting with paper cutting after starting a course at the Dulwich Picture Gallery. This is a work I have just completed.  

Firstly I found a picture of Mr Dylan on the Internet, I then took it into Photoshop and turned it into a rubber stamp with one of the filters. From here I placed the bitmap image in Illustrator and put the wording in. This I scaled to A2 and traced the image onto thin black paper 100gsm, (the thinner the better for easier cutting). The head and lettering within the head I cut out to leave one single silhouette. It is very fiddly and you need a very sharp scalpel 10A blade works best. The cut out letters I stuck down to add to the overall effect. I used a Japanese hand made paper as a backing sheet.


A2 FRAMED PAPER CUT
ILLUSTRATOR FILE

1 comment:

  1. I love love this stamp...is it rubber or acrylic...

    I would love to purchase one..
    con.pax@sasktel.net

    ReplyDelete