Tuesday 1 March 2011

DANGEROUS STREETS IN SE1












When I started my typographical journey in SE1 recently, it struck me how many danger signs were to be seen. I never knew how much danger was all around us. If one was of a nervous disposition you would never go out.    Within a short walk I could of been electrocuted, fallen down a deep hole, slipped over, burnt, run over, cut to ribbons and had a building fall on me.



Admittedly most of the danger signs are where building work is going on but some seem to be in random places where no danger seems visible. It reminded me of an old Two Ronnies comedy sketch where if I remember rightly, Ronnie Corbett is standing in a field next to a sign that says "DANGER" he looks round for the possible danger when the sign falls over and hits him on the head. I couldn't find the sketch but found a similar one.



This sign wasn't in SE1 but it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment